Plans for Fall 2020
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
We have plans in place for three possible learning scenarios.
- In-person, on campus learning
- Distance, virtual learning
- Hybrid of distance and in-person/on campus learning
What a School Day Will Look Like
After many hours of thoughtful planning, research and multiple surveys to students, parents, and faculty, our Academic Team has developed a class schedule that can toggle between all three possible learning scenarios. Whether, on campus, distance or in a hybrid learning scenario our students will follow this class schedule.
2020 Fall Class Schedule
Schedule Highlights Include
- School hours will be 8:30-2:55pm M, T, TH, F. We will have early dismissal on Wednesdays, 8:30-1:40pm.
- Our class schedule will remain the same regardless of what learning scenario (distance, on campus, hybrid) we are doing.
- Flex Periods will be incorporated throughout the week. They will be used for student academic support, social emotional programming, student activities, exercise, student counseling, & campus ministry.
- Lunches will be 45 minutes
- We will have 15 minute breaks in between classes with 2-3 classes and one flex period per day.
Hybrid Schedule (Combining online and in-person learning)
Only one grade level will be allowed on campus at a time. Student on-campus days will rotate every week so they will have the chance to see all of their instructors face-to-face during the month.
Example of grade level on campus days throughout the month on a hybrid schedule:
On Wednesday July 8th our academic team held a live webinar with our community to share our new school schedule and answer any questions. In case you missed this presentation, feel free to view the recorded webinar below.
Presented to you by: Julie Guevara (Principal), Jessica Park (Assistant Principal of Academics), Andy McKee (Director of Technology & Integration), Mustafa Siddiqee (Math Teacher), and Sherry Scott (Theology Teacher).
How we are Ensuring Health & Safety on Campus
Our Health & Safety team has been working diligently to ensure our entire facility is updated and procedures are in place and training is deployed for the fall semester. They will also be holding a webinar to share updates and answer questions with our community. Please remember to check your emails over the summer for the invitation.
While on campus, we will be following county guidelines regarding physical distancing protocols. If a class size is too large to safely accommodate one classroom, they will be divided into two rooms and the teacher will be livestreamed into the second room. The second room will be supervised by a proctor. Example:
Healthy Safety Highlights Include
- Masks are now required as part of our dress code.
- In person classes will be limited to comply with proper social distancing guidelines.
- Classrooms with an overflow of students will be separated into two different rooms and the teacher’s lesson will be live streamed between the two spaces.
- The campus will be equipped with hand sanitizers and electro spraying machines.
- Additional water heaters are being installed.
- If necessary, on campus access will be limited to certain grade levels and closed for outside vendors/visits.